Who doesn’t use the internet in today’s age? Most of the people that you see today have some access to it. Internet! What shall I tell you about it? It is like magic which opens a new world for you. You see new things, learn them and even come to admire them. Out of this world was conceived apps like WhatsApp and Blackberry Messenger. There are apps which makes the process of long-distance messaging bring down to some seconds. If you are Japan and your friend is in India, you don’t have to write a letter, send it through a raven and hope for your friend to receive it. You only have to type your message, and press send. A possibility is that, if your friend has good and a stable internet connection, he or she shall receive the message in no time.
This is the magic of the internet. But now the question arises, which one should you choose? I mean both seem so fascinating and equally good, right? But should you download both of them? No, that would be a waste of storage and your mobile RAM which is why I have come with this article. Today, we will do a comparative analysis of BBM vs WhatsApp! Total comparison of apps. After you are done reading this, you will have an idea which one to go for. Excited? Then, let us get to it without any further delay. BBM vs WhatsApp! Total comparison of apps
How does WhatsApp work?
WhatsApp is an app used by people through their phone numbers. If you want to make an account on it then you will be required to pass by a verification process using a security code. You will receive this code on your mobile phone itself via a text message. Once the verification process is settled, WhatsApp will start syncing all the user contacts who are using WhatsApp. Yes, it is as simple as that. You don’t require any login password for WhatsApp. What’s best is that you have the option to change your number too.
How does BBM work?
Did you know that BBM works on the concept on PIN Numbers? It is true. BBM is like nothing like other apps. Where WhatsApp works using your mobile phone numbers, BBM generates a unique PIN other than your mobile phone number. But, a significant downside of this app is that it lacks the option of auto-sync. This means that if you are using BBM, then you will have to build your contacts from ground zero. But you do have the freedom to store your contacts on the cloud if you are swapping phones.
Now let us see what all do you find on WhatsApp and BBM for BBM vs WhatsApp! Total comparison of apps.
WhatsApp gives you the option of instant messaging, group chat, voice, and video chat. To study more keenly, let me list it down for you
• WhatsApp has real-time messaging capabilities.
• You will get a time which will show if the message is being sent or not.
• If the message is sent then it portrays it through a single tick.
• A double tick means the message has been delivered but is unread.
• If the double tick is blue, then this denotes that the message is delivered and read.
• With the latest updates, you now have the option to hide your last seed and turn off the blue ticks ensuring more privacy.
Now let us talk about BBM
BBM gives a lot of competition to its adversities because it has BBM Channels. You can subscribe to specific content channels where you will see streaming content.
You get the following features when you talk about BBM
• You can set up a direct chat with the owners of the channel and followers if the option is enabled. This feature is appreciated because it makes communication much clearer without any clutter.
• It has add-ons like to-do-lists, event planning, larger group chats. It would be wise to tell you that more users can be added in a group chat of BBM than of WhatsApp.
• Three signal bar suggests that the message is being sent.
• If you see the tick mark, then it means that the message is sent to the server.
• D denotes that the message is delivered to the receiver and
• R indicates that the message is read by the receiver.
We have more to discuss on the topic of BBM vs WhatsApp! Total comparison of apps, like for example,
BBM vs WhatsApp: Which is more secure?
Well, this is a case that BBM would win. We have seen in the past that private text messages, statutes and of the sorts, were open for public viewing when it comes to WhatsApp. Even though they have worked really hard to fix that issue by incorporating end-to-end encryption but there is still a fear among the heart of the users. They still find it hard to trust WhatsApp again.
When it comes to BBM, then it would be wise to mention that BBM is the king here. The security is such that nobody could breach it and confidentiality is ensured even more with BBM PIN.
So, in the debate of BBM vs. WhatsApp! Total comparison of apps, the former (BBM) would be a good choice if you like clear interface, conversations, add-ons, and security but if you want just casual conversations with your friends, then WhatsApp is your friend. In the end, the choice is always yours.